Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Diving - Dingle

Activities: Pub(Murphy), Diving, Beach, seesighting

So diving saturday and sunday, hanging around dingle, finding few pubs... learning french from some lovely Diving Instructors (not enough...)

Diving
Like previous WE, we dived in Castlegregory (Dingle Peninsula, Co Kerry) in a gorgeous diving center (http://www.waterworld.ie/)
IMG_0978
4 dives this times (lambster, dog-fish ...etc ) but no seal...

My diving buddy has found new friend:
IMG_0972
Honestly I preferred the lovely girls on the boat of the diving center :-P ... ( and my reponse to any comment of the man in question .... LOL ) If you want more details go there ... I'll probably translate later part of his story about PADI (Put Another Dollar In or Pay Another Dive Instructor).


After a bit of driving around:
IMG_0998
IMG_0918IMG_0889
IMG_0891IMG_0902

And after a while we finally discover the South Pole Inn, famous pub on the road to Dingle (Annascaul).
IMG_0991
This is the pub of Tom Crean, an Irish antartic explorer.

Work
FYI, I've been able to rip off a nokia mobile phone, to try to see some chips I worked on:
IMG_0879

Links
Irish Sailing Association
Scuba Diving Magazine

And about Wild Life in Ireland:
Encyclopedia of Marine Life in Ireland
Wild-Life in Ireland
About Seal preservation
About our friends the badger...Reminds me Redwall, but unfortunately, most of the badgers I've seen here are dead on the road :(((

Traduction
Sea Lion = "Otarie" in French and Seal = "Phoque", I am not a zoologist but you can recognize a sea-lion from a seal by the way he walks, the sea-lion "walks" on his fins and the seal just slide....

Cinema
I've just seen a brilliant movie: THE WIND THAT SHAKES THE BARLEY
It's about IRA, the irish revolution, civil war... and it starts with an hurling game.

No comments:

Brickmania

Lego Smurf castle ??   Eva.... massive build Swimming in bricks ?