Thursday, November 08, 2007

Magnificent Seven

While waiting for the Sarah Silverman Program to begin, i had the pleasure to watch again The Magnificent Seven, and it's getting better everytime you watch it again and again... and there is such brilliant quotes, here's few:

  • Reminds me of that fella back home who fell off a ten-story building. As he was falling, people on each floor kept hearing him say, "So far, so good. So far, so good." Vin (Steve McQueen)
    The same story is also used in "La Haine" from Matthieu Kassovitz.
  • You don't happen to have an older, grateful sister, do you? Vin (Steve McQueen)
  • Fella I once knew in El Paso, one day he took all his clothes off and jumped in a mess of cactus. I asked him the same question, why? He said it seemed to be a good idea at the time. Vin (Steve McQueen)
  • Once I rob a bank in Texas. Your government get after me with a whole army. Whole army! One little bank. In Texas, only Texans can rob banks. Calvera (Eli Wallach)
  • They are farmers. They talk of nothing but fertilizer and women. I have never shared their enthusiasm for fertilizer. As for women, I became indifferent when I was eighty-two. the old man ( loved the lookk McQueen gives him after hearing that...)
  • Harry, please don't understand me so fast. Chris Adams (Yul Brynner) aka the man with sea urchin in his underarms.

    And after that one hour of absolutely outrageous, dark humour from Sarah Silverman, sleeping with black god, exploring her possible not so plausible lesbian part, on her comedy central show,

    Just one example:
    A couple nights ago, I was licking jelly off my boyfriend's penis. And I thought, "Oh, my God – I'm turning into my mother!"

    Oh by the way just came back from a week of diving in the red sea.. lovely.
  • 1 comment:

    Jujux said...

    ahhh the magnificent seven!!!

    I remember the Belletable organizing a 2 nights event.
    first night the original: the 7 samurai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Samurai)
    second night: the magnificent seven

    Brickmania

    Lego Smurf castle ??   Eva.... massive build Swimming in bricks ?