Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Irish Champignac Mayor

Bertie Aherne quadruple negative:
“For legal and professional reasons neither myself nor my advisors have been in a position to respond to any of the accuracy and completeness of the reports about those issues so it is not correct, if I said so I wasn’t correct, so I, I can’t recall if I did say, but I did not say, if I did say it I didn’t mean to say it that these issues could not be dealt with until the end of the Mahon Tribunal, that is not what Revenue said.”
30 January 2008, answering to a question about his tax clearance certificate in the Dáil.

He reminds me the famous mayor of Champignac in the comic book series: Spirou, here an example of his speech ( in French ):
« Je suis venu vous dire que chaque Champignacien n'a pas assez de ses deux yeux pour pleurer lorsqu'il lance un regard bourrelé de remords, en arrière vers les évènements violemment inexplicables d'avant-hier et vous ne pouvez imaginer, en particulier, combien ce souvenir est amer au maire... Mais cela ne se produira plus, car j'ai pris des mesures... Je viens d'interdire sur le territoire de la commune, tout rassemblement de plus d'une personne, jusqu'à nouvel ordre in-clu-si-ve-ment ! »

For french speaker, you can take a look at the Grand Prix du Maire de Champignac for more real ones.

No comments:

Brickmania

Lego Smurf castle ??   Eva.... massive build Swimming in bricks ?