Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Blues

Pub: 1 ; Alcohol units: 1; Activity: Movie theater, dance, PS2-Rayman

Cinema: Capote

Blues, it happens sometimes, root-cause: Age, old-friendship and irish friendship.
Hopefully... I've got a couple of custom remedies (playmobil-therapy, ps2-GTA-therapy, lego-therapy, movie, and if things become desesperate watch "It's a wonderful life" the Franck Capra movie... )

Quotation of the day:
"Now you listen to me! I don't want any plastics! I don't want any ground floors, and I don't want to get married — ever — to anyone! You understand that? I want to do what I want to do"
G.Bailey in "It's a wonderful life" by F.Capra (1946)

Auvergne
And because blues, when you're not in your native country is sometimes called "Mal du pays", this is time to talk about my native landscape: Auvergne.
Auvergne is as green as Ireland and it's probably why I am not so disoriented here, but more far way from any sea. It's a volcanic landscape, proud of its culture and its products (Saint-Nectiare, Salers, Bleu d'Auvergne for the cheese ; Chateaugay for the wine ; StYorre or Chateldon for the mineral water). I miss some succulent recipes like a "truffade".
Culturally the region is quite active, the city of Aurillac sees each year a festival of street theater
and Clermont-Ferrand the city of my student past, organize one of the greatest and most popular event around the 7th art: International Short Film Festival.

A view of Clermont-Ferrand from the Parc Montjuzet.
clermont

Irish poetry:
Down By The Salley Gardens
by William Butler Yeats

Down by the salley gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her would not agree.
In a field by the river my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder she laid her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.

No comments:

Brickmania

Lego Smurf castle ??   Eva.... massive build Swimming in bricks ?